Life With Carol

The 80-20 Rule in a Relationship and the Role It Plays

Everyone often looks forward to having a perfect relationship. It might be based on books read or movies watched but the dream of a happy, picture-perfect home is what everyone looks forward to. The reality is, no one is perfect and even if you are lucky, no one can check all your boxes. It is because of this that the 80-20 rule was made. In simple terms, you can only get 80% of your needs met in a relationship; you have to meet the other 20% on your own. Finding fulfillment in a Relationship One thing many people tend to come with in a relationship is high expectations. Whether it is from what you know or what you envisioned, it is easy for you to get disappointed when your partner is not everything you imagined. The 80-20 rule simply states that you can stay with someone even if they do not give you 100% of what you want. Studies have also shown that many people who are unfaithful tend to think they got a good deal only to realise they were chasing 20% and destroyed the 80% they had. By applying this rule in all interactions, one can easily find contentment in whoever they meet. Benefits of Applying 80-20 in a Relationship If you are in a relationship, then you definitely need to apply this in it. There are so many perks you and your partner will experience if you approach the relationship with this rule in mind. These are the main benefits: Makes You Human No one person is perfect and you will fall short at any given point. Keeping this rule in mind will ensure that you get to see your partner as human and cut yourself some slack as well. It makes both of you give grace instead of being too hard on each other. Prevents Promiscuity Once you learn that whoever you settle for will give you the best in life, you stop looking for more elsewhere. It does not matter if your partner does not check all the boxes; you are content with them as they are. It also makes you see that stepping out of the relationship might actually end up with you settling for less, which is not something you want to do. Keeps You Grateful If you have a habit of looking inward instead of what everyone else is doing or has, you tend to appreciate what you have more. Instead of comparisons, you get to enjoy your relationship with your partner and grow together. It keeps you together and you will approach everything with a grateful heart. The 80-20 rule has been around in a while and it is a great strategy to use in your relationship. It gives you perspective and will ensure that no matter what curveballs life throws at you, you and your partner will weather the storm. Find ways to appreciate what you have instead of spending time on wishful thinking. 

Life With Carol

© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED TO LIFE WITH CAROL | By using this website you agree to the Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy